The dashboard displays the number of students, faculty and staff members who have tested positive for the virus.
365体育官方网址A free, walk-up COVID-19 testing site on campus for students and faculty and staff members has reopened following Hurricane Delta.
365体育官方网址The University, the Louisiana Department of Health and the Louisiana National Guard are coordinating the site, and plan to keep it in place through Friday, Oct. 30.
Tests are conducted at a small tent set up in the green space near the Student Union and Cypress Lake Plaza. The site is near the intersection of Hebrard Boulevard and Boucher Street. Testing is held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday for students and faculty and staff members.
Employees who visit the testing site must complete the Daily Self-Check questionnaire before they arrive on campus. Health care personnel, and faculty and staff members who work in a health care setting, must complete the HCP self-check questionnaire before they arrive on campus.
People experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or who are under quarantine will be permitted to visit campus for testing purposes only. Quarantined or symptomatic student residents will be required to return to their assigned housing immediately after testing. All others under quarantine or experiencing symptoms will be required to leave campus immediately after testing.
Symptomatic students are reminded to complete the when told to quarantine or isolate because of exposure to COVID-19, or if they are presumed positive because of symptoms and testing.
365体育官方网址Testing guidelines are below.
- No ID is needed for testing, but registration is required.
- Pre-registration can be completed at Under test locations, click “Louisiana” then University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- People will be allowed to register at the site, but can expect longer waits.
- Attendees must provide a phone number and email address.
As in all places on campus, masks are required at the testing site. Signs will mark where visitors to the testing tent should stand to ensure social distancing.
Those being tested will perform nasal swabs on themselves. The process will be observed to ensure it is done correctly. Sealed samples will be dropped in a container.
- Results will be emailed, and posted online at
- It is expected to take three to five days to get test results.
- People who test positive will also be contacted by phone. There is no phone number to call for results.
365体育官方网址For more information, contact the LDH Region 4 Office of Public Health at (337) 262-5311.
Graphic credit: 365体育官方网址University of Louisiana at Lafayette